Golliwog Doll for All Age Groups
Welcome to Golly Dollies, the home of hand crafted golliwog dolls, toys and collectables. We make high quality golliwog dolls for boys, girls and collectors. Our golliwogs include:
- Boy Golliwog – traditional golly for boys.
- Girl Golliwog – with her fetching bag and cute baby golliwog doll.
- Scottish Golliwog – in a dapper highland outfit. One of our most popular gollies.
- Scottish Girl Golly – her tartan skirt flips over to reveal a second golly doll!
- Mini Golly – goes wherever you go!
Golliwog Doll History
Golliwogs (also known as gollywogs or golly wogs) were created by Florence Kate Upton in 1895. She illustrated a book called Two Dutch Dolls and a Golliwog. The Golliwog doll was friendly and had a kind face and became a hit with children.
Golliwogs later became famous thanks to Robertsons, the UK jam maker, which used a golliwog called Golly as its emblem from 1910 onwards. Robertsons started producing collectable golly badges which are still prized today.
Golliwogs still hold a special place in our hearts today and are much loved by children.